Ten things you need to know about Carli Lloyd
USA captain Carli Lloyd has signed for Man City Women… but how much do you know about the midfielder?
The 34-year-old joins from Houston Dash and is relishing the chance to embark on a new challenge in the latest chapter of an already glittering career.
Here's everything you should know about our new recruit...
1. Lloyd is the current FIFA Women’s Player of the Year and has earned the honour twice in consecutive years.
2. She plays in centre midfield and is known for her attacking threat. Long-range stunners are her speciality! She has made 231 caps for the USA, scoring 94 goals.
3. In 2015, she captained her country to their first World Cup triumph in sixteen years, scoring a 13-minute hat-trick in the final. As if that isn’t impressive enough, her third was a spectacular lob from just inside the halfway line!
4. During that tournament, Lloyd also won the Golden Ball and Silver Boot, and became the first American female to score in four successive World Cup games.
5. In 2008 and 2012, she helped her national team to Olympic gold medals, netting an extra time winner in the first final and a match-winning brace in the second.
6. She was born on 16 July 1982 and grew up in Delran Township, New Jersey – a short trip north-east of Philadelphia.
7. In January 2017, the midfielder was inducted into the New Jersey Hall of Fame, alongside Ray Liotta and Wyclef Jean.
8. Trainer James Galanis has been a big influence on her career, coaching her since 2003.
9. Lloyd has an autobiography titled: 'When Nobody Was Watching'. It has been adapted for younger readers in a version called 'All Heart'.
10. You can follow her on social media on @CarliLloyd (Twitter), carlilloyd (Instagram) and CarliLloydOfficial (Facebook).